[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

My not that good CAW: Angelo Babos.

Post by The Wrestling Smark. on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi. I gotta CAW. His name is "Outlaw," Angelo Babos ( If the nickname Outlaw is taken, then I've got like 2 others to use, but 1 would require a gimmick change. ) who is basically just a no shit taken, straight to business guy who will kick and knee your head clean off of your shoulders. He's able to fit into a heel role, but he's more of an anti-hero. He speaks Spanish most of the time, and showboats very rarely and doesn't play to the crowd. He just gets it done. No gimmick but a bit of Mexican facepaint, the nickname "Outlaw," and badass-ery. He may be a cruiserweight, but he's a beast.
Theme: AOP's theme. ( If that's taken, then I'll change it. )
Signature 1: Kickstarter. ( KTFO. )
Signature 2: Twister. ( Discus knee strike. )
Finisher name: Patada de muerte. ( Buzzsaw kick / Leg trip and Round House. It's the closest thing I could find to a buzzsaw kick. )
If any of these moves are taken as finishers OR signatures, then I'll be happy to change them. I got quite a few things in mind.
Please give me all the criticism, because I know this CAW really isn't that good, let's be honest, so offer your suggestions of change and I'll provide them.
I'm not the best CAW maker, so I've had to use the odd in game logo and a few downloaded ones for tattoos, sorry about that.
Just look up the #CMV in CC, and you'll probably find it, but if not, my name on Xbox is DALLEY984. I've probably missed out loads of needed info, so ask me questions about what I've missed in the replies.
Thanks.

Last edited by The Wrestling Smark. on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:28 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : I mistook replies for threads.)
The Wrestling Smark.

Humor : Cop saying "Cheeky Germans."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My not that good CAW: Angelo Babos.

Post by Master Ogon on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:53 pm

It isn’t bad, but it’s also not something that makes me interested. I didn’t look at the CAW, I’m only referring to the gimmick. The formula of just “Grrr, I’m a tough bad ass!” can work, but it’s not very...special. With enough effort I think any gimmick can get over, but the more unique and special ones have a better time achieving that. He seems like he’s just a 1D character with his own personality traits being some rough dude, remove that and what is left? The personality should have more depth so if you take one trait away, the entire CAW isn’t removed. Using the basic idea of just “bad ass” and expanding on it could really help you craft something better. Add some flaws, motivations, and just unique personality traits into that one basic idea to create something better. I believe you should expand on the gimmick and make the CAW more human feeling, instead of just fitting the stereotypical bad ass role. I’ll bring up my own CAW, Calgestra. While he may just seem like the egotistical heel trope, he has stuff added onto him that makes him play that trope in a very unique way. His fear of being forgot, his nature of hating his family due to him always living under the shadow of them, and all the other small bonus traits. He fits the role of an egotistical gimmick, but makes it unique in his own way. Hopefully I explained all of this well enough, I can’t actually read my entire message on mobile so I might of repeated a few things or made a few grammar mistakes.
Master Ogon
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Humor : Offensive.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wrestling Smark. on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Oof. I thought I could get away with it. I mean, I'll try, but I am very, VERY unoriginal and not creative in any way, so It'll probably take some time. Although, I do admit, admit, the "Grrr, I'm a tough bad ass!" is seriously generic in every way possible. I just can't necessarily think of a good personality for the guy, since he's an anti-hero and seriously serious. He's meant to be the neutral piece between the two roles, so if I give him a certain personality, it'll ruin it and lean him toward one or the other, instead of none. I mean, he DEFINITELY needs a personality, one way or the other, I just can't find the correct way to interpret that personality through him. If you get what I mean, which you probably won't, because I'm horrible at explaining things, but eh. I hope you kind of understand, and could possibly help.
The Wrestling Smark.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gumblesaur on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:20 pm

Everyone's opinion on this will be different, but for me gimmicks don't really matter as much as a personality, The basic gimmick of a bad ass is a good start because you can always add on to that through promos, attires, tweets etc. It's nice to build up and add on to your character and look back on the evolution your caw goes through, it's one of the most enjoyable aspects of this to me anyway.

As for his attire etc. I like his ring attire, if you lower the opacity of his tattoos they will look more realistic. I'm not a big fan of the shirt he wears in his entrance attire but that's about it.

The schoolboy superkick is a kick to the head when they are on their knees.

Gumblesaur
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : Dry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solaris Arc on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:22 pm

The best part about Promoing and CAW leagues is that you can slowly develop your characters from something basic to something amazing.

Wolf started off fairly bland as a "Hunter who seeks to be the leader of the pack". But with time, he's become what he is now as the Vessel of Fenrir.

While CAWs need personality, it takes time and writing.

Hell, real-life example, Braun Strowman was fairly basic when he started his singles run. And now he's reached more complexity than most of the other WWE roster.

Just takes a bit of time and effort my dude. I know you can do it!

Harvey Hastings:
CMV Undisputed World Champion (1x)
US Champion (2x)

Amy Winters:
Women's IC Champion (2x)
Solaris Arc
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wrestling Smark. on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Thanks man, I appreciate the support. So, what I've got is, change the entrance shirt, lower the tattoo opacity and give him a tiny bit of personality. Also, I don't think the schoolboy superkick would fit for a buzzsaw kick. I was thinking for the leg trip and roundhouse, but that isn't a finisher choice.
The Wrestling Smark.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Ogon on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:24 pm

if you’re in the Discord I could probably offer you a lot more help. If you aren’t, just join it and DM me, my name is Master Ogon on it.
Master Ogon
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Humor : Offensive.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down