-Purgatory
-Ascendance

Ronda can't go back in time lol

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: Ronda can't go back in time lol

Post by Austin on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:35 pm

"There's more important stuff, get your priorities straight."

Hell ya boys let's get back to pretending to be professional wrestlers on an Internet forum, the real important shit.

Austin
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:37 pm

brb ending world hunger

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miztacular on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:39 pm

Let’s a reasonable discussion without insulting each other.

Austin

Do you feel the intent of the word is more important than the word itself? Like in my examples above.

Charlie Garfield is a god among men.

702 is better than any single one of us
Miztacular
Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borton1 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:44 pm

Can't wait for Ronda to have a time travelling gimmick

Main Event Star!

Humor : Dashing's jokes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dashing on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:48 pm

I think I'll truly leave things at this, is anyone else on this site gay? If you are and in the closet then obviously you won't respond but I am, if you didn't know there it is but I feel like it's very obvious so that's on you, but anyways. I don't need you getting upset about the word f a g g o t for me because I don't care, like I said that's easily my favorite word. But I do understand like I said that it hurts people ie Austin who asked me to censor it and I did or in Krzy's case the N word. THESE are real words that can hurt people, I'm sorry, but I can't see why cunt is up there with those, I just can't. As Cop pointed out anything can be used as an insult, slippery slope is NOT a fallacy because I want you to tell me right now why bitch is any different. If Rick called her a bitch 100% Krzy you would not have called him out because you've called me a bitch before among other things. BTW I don't think Rhonda Rousey is going to find out about this and be offended, and you're response to my real problems issue IS missing the point, you're getting upset with Rick for saying cunt obviously not meaning any real disrespect as if he wants to see her fucking publicly hung, when right here on the internet there's real sexism and racism and homophobia. A few guys saying bitch or cunt on a forum isn't a breeding ground for sexism what a huge leap, there's no threads that I see calling for the death of all women or anything close to what you're saying goes on.

Tl;dr
Calm down, kids, CMV isn't petitioning for an end to women's rights.

Bludgeon

1x Mr. Money in The Bank, 2x World Heavyweight Champion, 1x United States champion, 2x CMV World Tag Team champion, Glammy award for Feud of the Year, Glammy award for Tag Team of the Year (W/Borton), 2x Glammy Award for Heel of the Year
Xander Slate
HOW WAS HE NOT A WORLD CHAMPION!?
Mr. Dashing
Admin
Admin

Humor : Knock knock!

View user profile http://www.cmvwrestling.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miztacular on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Wait what

Charlie Garfield is a god among men.

702 is better than any single one of us
Miztacular
Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:00 pm

so let’s not rewrite the narrative; i wrote around a dozen words in my initial post, where i wasn’t angry or upset, just pointed out that in 2018 we’re respecting women and calling them cunts for no reason is a bit much to me. admins being shit was only loosely related.

the literal definition of slippery slope is that it’s a logical fallacy

i wouldn’t go calling women bitches to their faces, but i also think the word’s been diluted.

Mr. Dashing wrote: A few guys saying bitch or cunt on a forum isn't a breeding ground for sexism what a huge leap, there's no threads that I see calling for the death of all women or anything close to what you're saying goes on.
exaggeration isn’t the best way to argue things and that’s all you’ve done for half of that paragraph

the point was always about intent behind the word, and others like it, and the context it was said in. it’s insensitive and unnecessary and makes for a shitty community to be part of is that’s gonna be the hallmark of it

whether or not anyone else agrees is their prerogative, but acting like i’m trying to ban all  guns swears is dumb

congrats on gay

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HellishxHades on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:16 pm

Sorry

Joe Dirte - NGW Tag Team Championship (The Kingdom)
Maximum Rider - NGW Tag Team Championship (The Kingdom) 
George King - NGW Championship - Final  /  NGW Tag Team Championship (The Kingdom) /   European Championship / Final Television Championship / First Internet Championship 
Tyson Cage - Fusion Tag Team Championship (The Bickering Duo)
Angelina Hawkins - Women's Intercontinental Championship 2x
Caleb Reed: Fusion Tag Team Championship (The Anarchists)
Jon Reed: Anarchy Championship
HellishxHades
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:23 pm

actually I asked for both the n word and f word to be censored in a thread that is still accessible on this site. Don't conveniently shape the narrative in order to look like you did it for the black guy lol.

As for those two words, it's not a matter of them being derogatory, Hayden - They're slurs. The difference between a slur and an insult is culturally significant in a way I don't have time to explain. They are two disenfranchised minorities/protected classes, and terms that derive from the hate spewed against them are incredibly different than me calling you a dumbass.

I really fail to see your reasoning as to why you decided to include your sexuality in that post. It's great that you're not offended, truly, but you don't speak for all LGBTQ people, and we've already established you don't care.

Finally, we come to the focal point here: as Krzy said, cunt in a vacuum is not the issue. The context and way in which it is used is. Members of this site, OP especially, have such a disgustingly anti-woman sentiment in their posts. His post history is long and full of it. Demonizing her with a traditionally degrading term for females (in America, anyhow. You know what a cunt is slang for) is the issue here. It wasn't about the word being used, it was the sentiment behind it. It's not a matter of censoring words, it's a matter of being disgusted by the sentiment festering and spewed by members with no recourse.

Austin
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next