-Final Stand
-Purgatory
-Ascendance

Blinding Lights

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Blinding Lights

Post by Red Chocolate on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:07 pm

The CMV forums have been absolutely buzzing since the incredible Takeover pay per view extravanganza. As a matter of fact, the site was slowed to a crawl at one point because an influx of fans, both old and new, flooded it in their excitement and the forum couldn't handle the massive spike in traffic.

Hours removed, the excitement is still there as there's no shortage of things to talk about, and the engineers have been hard at work ensuring things are solid on the backend so that there's nothing to interrupt the flow of discussion. The forum homepage is a perfect snapshot of what's hot:

ALL ABOARD THE LEO CRUZ BANDWAGON

WHO DO YOU WANT TO SEE TONE FACE AT IMPLOSION

ALLY IS ON BORROWED TIME BECAUSE OF THE ESTABLISHMENT

IS ANYONE ELSE DISAPPOINTED ANGEL WASN'T A SURPRISE ENTRANT

JADE DIVINE APPRECIATION THREAD

With such hullabaloo surrounding the fallout of that historic event, it's easy for the smaller, unrelated thread topics to get lost in the shuffle. One such topic has a humble couple dozen replies, compared to the hundreds of comments in threads related to the pay per view.

WHAT HAPPENED TO AERORA?

A question that seems simple on the outset reveals itself to be loaded upon closer inspection. The thread was posted weeks ago, after Aerora's loss to Samantha Steel, yet has persisted under the radar as users continue to post in it every now and then, allowing the thread to survive like a cockroach you can't just be rid of. The initial post reads as followed.

Username: FrenchFry
Posted: Three Months Ago
----------
Guys, I think this is it.

Not only did Aerora get completely destroyed by Steel, when I know that she's better than that hack, but then she got kicked while she was down after the bell. Scratch that, because "kicked" doesn't do it justice. They did a lot more than kick her.

I've been watching Ferocity since the beginning, and I've never seen anyone get beat down that badly. And not only did they attack her after the bell for NO reason (for real, what was the justification for that? Have they even spoken two words to each other backstage?) but that Napoleon-complex wannabe boxer Steel and that...thing Skarzewhatever faced absolutely zero repercussions for their actions. Seriously, no slap on the wrist or even a verbal warning. Nothing! At this point I'd have even taken a stern look in their general direction from whoever the hell general manager is.

I've been pacing back and forth in my room for hours (because it's too small to walk in circles) going through all the stages of grief twice over, and I just had to come on here and vent. At this point, I don't care if I get trolled or flamed;  I just have get this off my chest, and maybe it'll help speed along the last stage once I accept that this is how it ends.

Story time: I was born in France and emigrated to the states for college.

Whew, that was a long one, wasn't it? Tried to cut out as much of the fluff as possible. The point of my life story is that I can't help but gravitate to my countrymen and support them in all of their endeavors. (As long as it's good, clean fun; I stand firmly against murder, raping and pillaging.) So color me surprised when a French wrestler burst onto the scene and cut down everyone put in front of her. Guys, I don't mean to revive an old meme, but don't let her recent shortcomings distract you from the fact that Aerora beat Lexin freakin' Damjen in her first match! Remember, The Dynamite slayer herself.

It was meant to be the precursor to bigger things. If only we knew then what we know now. If only...then maybe I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Silly me for living in the moment. I remember grabbing my boyfriend and screaming at the top of my lungs when she hit the AeroCutter and won. And then she kept winning. Week after week she looked unstoppable...and then nada. Flash forward like a year, and she's been unceremoniously been dumped from the company. They've been kinda brushing her to the side for years as if she was an inconvenience. Even if she makes a miraculous recovery from her injuries, how does her career recover from that downward spiral? With better management in place, I'd hang onto a sliver of hope, but it was management's incompetence that let this happen to begin with.

It's bullshit; pardon my French. I just can't stand to see this happen to someone like Aerora. And I hate how powerless I feel about it all. (And I’ve put a lot of thought of what I can and can’t do. I can’t exactly wrestle myself to thin out the competition.) Plus I know I've never met her, but from the dirt sheets and the fans who have actually been in the same room as her, she's a sweet, caring person who would give you the shirt off her back. If given the chance, she could have been such a great role model. I know I'm not the only French person who was inspired by her meteoric rise.

And I'm not the only one who was crushed when that meteor fell from the sky. I guess I'll have to find a new wrestler to stan, but none will hold the same spot in my heart that Aerora did. I know no one will probably read this, I just wanted someone out there to know that I still was a fan.

The post sat there ignored for a few days, bumped by the occasional message that share the sentiment of either “Yeah, you’re the only one who still cares about Aerora,” or “I liked her too, but there’s not much we can do about this.” Then recent events on Ferocity injected new life into the conversation.

Username: TwoShotTom
Posted: Two Weeks Ago
----------
I've been binging Ferocity recently to get up to speed for the forty-woman rumble, and I tune in to see that Aerora is some kind of sidekick? This is the latest thread about her, so I figured I’d post this here for a higher likelihood of it being seen. Is this a case of how far the mighty have fallen? ‘Cause last time I was into CMV she was the next big breakout star, and now she’s apparently content with hanging onto someone’s coattails for the easy pay day? I was never her biggest fan either way, was just curious about the perception of this radical change in character.  

The message sparks a mini debate about whether or not Aerora’s truly fallen under Skarzemis’ spell or if she’s acting under her own volition, taking a different approach in her climb to the top.

Posted: Yesterday
----------
Me again. Supposedly I’ve been declared Aerora’s #1 fangirl by the ever-kind and welcoming CMV Forum. So where's my crown? (Besides, I could be associated with a worse human being. Have you seen the clowns who think KLIQ is the second coming or something? Maker, what a sorry group of people that is.) But I digress, this is a thread about Aerora, and while I was gone for a bit (finals are a bitch) it's really cool to see that this thread of mine is still kicking, even if it had to be put on life support for a little bit.

I won't lie, there were times where I almost broke down and deleted the original post because I was a little embarrassed to be getting so emotional over a wrestler, but to see someone you admire be put down as if she were a sick dog (Been there, done that. Spoiler alert: it sucks) really struck a chord with me. It also helped seeing that there are a dozen of us standing proud as Aerora fans. Almost feels like we're part of an exclusive club, you know?

Honestly, guys I don't know what to make of this. I really, really, really thought Aerora was done for that night, and there's a part of me glad that she's managing to hang around by the skin of her teeth, but at what cost? It blew my mind that she would choose to associate with Skarzemis of all people (yes, yes, I've correctly learned to spell her name since the last time. You won't catch me saying it five times in front of a mirror, though.) It's like, how do you join forces with the woman who put you in the hospital like the week before? It's the most frightening case of Stockholm syndrom I've ever seen.

But then it's also like, you listen to the things Skarzemis is saying and she's fighting more for Aerora than Aerora was for herself during the tail end of her run. But then you can't help but feel that this is all a game to Skarzemis who just loves pulling the strings. I really can't make heads or tails of this. I know we've been coming up with some theories like Aerora is just biding her time until she wins the big one, but I dunno guys, I think this is who she is now.

She still has that spark when she wrestles, the same fire that drew me to her when she went toe to toe with Damien, it's just that outside of the ring it all just feels off. And does this happen to anyone else too?: just when I begin to feel disgusted with the way things are playing out, Skarzemis speaks and I almost can't help by buy into everything she's saying. It's scary how good she is at that. Maybe we can give her the benefit of the doubt, though? She tried with Steel, and now she's trying with Rory (that would almost be the cutest nickname is it didn't give me chills every time she said it.)

I did like she was saying about a grassroots movement though. The army of supporters that will form because people like us are tired of Aerora teetering on the edge of obscurity. That last segment really gave me the hope that we have the power to make a difference if we can come together and show that there are plenty of people who want to see Aerora at the top, and that's not counting the literal country that will have her back through thick and thin.

So what do you say, guys? We can talk all day complaining about this and that, or we can get out and do something. Posters, making sure her merch sells out, a 'Rory Section'! (I only let myself say Rory three times a day, lest I end up turning into Skarzemis...and I guess that was technically the third.)

Let's show Ferocity that we still see the light.

Since that message, the thread has been picking up steam gaining a steady, but still humble, increase in views and messages. The cheap shot at the KLIQ briefly got the thread brigaded by the stable's ravenous fanbase. Once that was cleaned up by the mods, what's left is a fascinating congregation of people throwing out ideas for how they'll do their part to help their favorite wrestler.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm

The CMV forums as usual have a big spike in activity after a pay per view event, this time Fusion's Emergence is the catalyst. The site is filled with the usual bantering and bickering, the front page splattered with sometimes riveting discussions on certain big moments.

HOW MANY TITLE REIGNS UNTIL DEVINE HAS A GOOD ONE?

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CHRIS DIAMOND

LEO CRUZ BANDWAGON (UPDATE): STANDING ROOM ONLY

KLIQ IS DEAD CELEBRATION (THREAD LOCKED)

WHY CYBORG IS THE ONLY "MONSTER" TO LIVE UP TO THE HYPE

And again, clinging for dear life to the very bottom of the first page, right above the post ranking CMV's best tans, is the thread regarding Aerora that has also, experienced a spike in activity.

Username: HalfThrottled
Posted: Two days ago
----------
So I skimmed through this thread because I was curious about why it's still alive, and I still don't get it. Not that I expect impartial opinions here, but I don't understand: why Aerora of all people? A new vixen is brought in literally every other week, yet you're still hung up on someone who, in my opinion, has been thoroughly underwhelming. Even if you don't have to give the new girls a chance, what about vixens who have been here just as long and have something to show for it? Dynamite, Damjen, hell even Gibson has been champion at some point. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time with Aerora, and whatever is going between her and that masked women isn't gonna save her.

The message, while civil in its underlying tone, sparks debate that oft ventured into territory that wasn't quite civil as people who didn't quite care about the topic chimed in anyways to stir the pot and those who were overly passionate reacted nastily to even slightly dissenting opinions. It's a message, even and firm, from the thread's original creator that appeared to get everything back on track.

Posted: Two days ago
----------
Why?

The same reason why people want Firefly back even though there's no shortage of amazing things on television (for real, at least one more episode to tie things up. And by episode, I mean around four-ish hours in length or so, give or take.) or for the same reason why people are begging Remedy for an Alan Wake sequel (like, I put too much time into trying to save Alice to be left hanging like that) when there are admittedly better--or at the very least, not as niche--games on the market. People like what they like or who they like, and something or someone being better doesn't automatically mean the competition is trash-tier.

But to answer your question, and I can only speak for myself, it's a matter of loyalty to some extent. Not only do I want to see someone from my home country do well, but I've invested so much time into supporting Aerora that I'm not about to let all of those precious seconds go down the drain. (And the money too: those CMV shirts aren't cheap.) And now I won't speak for myself, because I think I have enough of an idea of the current Aerora fandom zeitgeist to say this: there's something that hits home about being told, either directly or indirectly, that you aren't good enough, for one reason or the other, to make it. And in the same vein, there's something moving about the way she keeps fighting as she dangles over a lava pit filled with sharks while the company saws away the rope suspending her in the air.

It's the classic underdog story, kinda, except she didn't start out as the underdog. She took a tumble a few strides away from the finish line, picked herself up, dusted herself off and kept right on trucking along. The best part is that she never whined, complained, blamed 'the man' (I guess we do enough of that last part on her behalf), she just kept on keeping on, humbly taking it on the chin and letting her actions do the talking for her.

So yeah, liking Aerora doesn't mean we don't like anyone else, in fact I was ecstatic when Ally Cage won the Royal Rumble (don't tell anyone around here I said that, though). I just can't help but root for the underdog. Call me a sap, but I can't help but feel we're in the middle of this grand story arc, and this is just the part before everything gets turned around.

Username: paperchamp
----------
Well, I wouldn't say sap is the word. Naïve, maybe. Or perhaps setting yourself up for crushing disappointment by putting your eggs in the Aerora basket. Here's the thing: not every vixen will be a star. Over time things will balance out, and the women will naturally fall to where they belong on the totem pole. Sure, she started out hot, and I'll admit that I was intrigued how her career would pan out, and here we are. People figured her out, and those wins she was racking up quickly became losses.

None of this means she isn't good; she just isn't good enough to compete with the best of the best, and thus she has ended up where she is. Something that I think has gotten lost in all of this is that you can't manufacture a star. That's something that has to happen organically when the vixen proves over time that she is the cream of the crop. But even the women at the bottom aren't exactly starving or living paycheck to paycheck. Not to mention that the powers that be aren't going to listen to fans complaining on the internet.

Posted: Two hours ago
----------
Look, paperchamp, you're not the first to come in thinking you're making a poignant observation, and you won't be the last. Don't get me wrong, I'll happily debate my stance until the cows come home, but I feel like we've exhausted the "Aerora can't hang with the best" avenue of discussion.

I'm more interested in the double standards and favoritism at play here. And before you all go claiming conspiracy theory (though I'll admit there are a few I'm willing to entertain, like does Xander Slate only wear one glove to hide his prosthetic hand??), I'd love for someone to explain this one: So when Jenny Wheeler beat Aeroroa, she was rewarded with a match on the 'main show' the very next week. Cool, I like her, no big deal there. Meanwhile, Aerora beats Ryan Munoz and is nowhere to be seen? And that's after being essentially getting the night off at Takeover? Hello? That's two weeks sitting at home twiddling her thumbs? (I know that last one didn't really need a question mark, but I had a combo going there.)

So there goes any momentum she may have had out of the window. She moves a step forward, and then they drag her three steps back. I don't get it. Did she take too long to win or something? Was she supposed to point to the Implosion sign during her celebration? It's frustrating as a fan seeing her get jerked around like this; I can't even imagine what it's like to be in her shoes. You say she can't hang with the best, and I say she hasn't had the chance to, and she's doesn't get to even sniff people near their league on a weekly basis, when they bother throwing her a bone.

In any case, I won't be a Debbie downer here. Let's focus on the positives, namely putting more thought into this "grassroots" campaign Skarzemis was talking about. I know a lot of us are a little weary about this tandem, but if Aerora trusts her, then I suppose we can give her the benefit of the doubt. And if the ball is in our courts as fans, I guess getting tripped up over Skarzemis will slow down any potential progress. For now, we can treat her as an ally. (A very, very, very, unsettling ally.)

Username: Moonlight
Posted: One hour ago
----------
I don't mean to be another, "I'm not Aerora's biggest fan" guy, but...well, yeah. Anyway, I whipped something up for you guys that I think you might appreciate.

Rough around the edges, but I think giving them something pretty to look at will work wonders for your cause. Good luck!

Posted: 27 Minutes ago
----------
That. Is. Perfect. Dude, I think we've got something here. "Together Tomorrow" could be a fantastic tagline for our cause. Skarzemis is constantly talking about how there's always tomorrow, right? Well we can play into that too. No matter bad things may look for Aerora today, it'll only take one big win to get her on the fast track...and vice versa, I suppose. But it'll be worth the risk, because, let's be honest for a second, does she really have anything to lose at this point?

Think about it, if we can get a hashtag going like #TogetherTomorrow we could get her plight in the public conscientious of the CMV Universe and before you know, there'll be more than a dozen of us who really care where she ends up. Sure, that hashtag is a little long, but it's alliterative, same amount of syllables and it's catchy, a trifecta.

So I'm thinking long term here: Implosion. If she can at least get on the show, that's a step in the right direction. Now it's just a matter of getting her there. Of course we can't wrestle the matches for her, but if we support her, win or lose, (you know, stick together and hope for a better tomorrow *nudge nudge, wink wink*) and become a vocal minority it'll be impossible for the company to ignore us (like a tiny splinter you just can't dig out).

From that moment on, you'd occasionally see things on the CMV twitter that began or ended with the hashtag #togethertomorrow. Not a lot, but a few, and by the day the number of those involved grows.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miztacular on Mon May 07, 2018 7:22 pm

That gif is awesome

Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Mon May 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Genesis marks the end of another fantastic week of CMV wrestling, and the forums are thankful for some new material to discuss.

OFFICIAL BETTING THREAD: TEAM FUSION V. TEAM GENESIS

INFO ON TONIGHT'S JOBBER: ELIJAH STEWART

LEO CRUZ BANDWAGON (UPDATE IV): FLAG BEARERS NEEDED

REECE ORTIZ FAN ART (NSFW) (THREAD LOCKED)

IS BRETT ANGEL THE GREATEST REF OF ALL TIME?

At least this time around the thread about Aerora is a comfortable three spots from the bottom of the first page.  

Username: CrispyMayOJ_
----------
So this may or may not be a coincidence with Aerora missing her second straight show for undisclosed reasons, but the dirt shirts are reporting that there will be a six-women match at Implosion for the Hardcore Championship. On its own, that's not really a big deal, of course the belt would be on the line at the biggest pay per view of the year.

Here's the kicker: with one of those six spots obviously going to the champion, the rumors are that there will be a fan vote to choose one of the other five women to be in the match. This is the leaked list so far:

• Sophia Gibson

• Jenny Wheeler

• Charlie Baker

The rest is to be determined. So do you guys think this is an out of sight, out of mind kind of situation with Aerora? As in if she isn't on the show, the fans won't notice her inconspicuous absence from the poll?

After immediately after the message is posted, the comment gets people talking about the validity of the list, the names of the women on it, and whether or not Aerora would truly be kept out of the fray.

Username: mrs. excitement
Posted: 13 hours ago
----------
I thought the rumor was that Aerora was injured? Surely they wouldn't be so out of touch as to assume that we wouldn't notice her not being on the poll. Some of us are already fuming, and this is only a rumor. Imagine the outrage if she was left off the official one--there'd be at least a half dozen of us out in the streets rioting. The bad press and publicity? Forget about it. Maybe it won't make the front page of the papers. Or even the second or the third pages. But you can bet your sweet ass that it'd be in there somewhere, and if nothing else, I can get my mom to read it. And she can get her friends to read it and so on and so forth until we get a lot of old women muttering to themselves angrily at the next book club over a travesty they don't completely understand. But I digress, I'm all in on the #togethertomorrow train and decided to do my part.

We managed to make a little noise during the last show. Any louder and they'd have to throw Aerora a bone, right?

Posted: 27 minutes ago
----------
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this looks to be the complete list for the poll if the leaks are to be believed. This is the same guy who spoiled the details of Tone White's contract and the Slate/Spanish match, so like it or not (and trust me, I like this as much as I liked my root canal. Floss people!) these names are set in stone. Here's what we're gonna get:

• Sophia Gibson

• Maria De La Cruz

• Jenny Wheeler

• Charlie Baker

• Davina Blair

• Other _______________

So yeah, there goes Aerora's only shot at sneaking onto Implosion. I don't wanna believe in any kind of conspiracy or get too entrenched in the "woe is me" mindset, but I don't think Aerora is injured. At least, she didn't seem hurt when she beat Ryan Munoz what feels like months ago.

I'm almost feel like the company caught wind of what we're trying to do, but then I wake up and realize that they wouldn't waste their time with five fans (and growing!) who feel a little too strongly about this one vixen. That "other" option almost feels like a dare. The lazy people will just see the five options on that poll click and move on. But to go and actually type out a full name? Madness! (Plus would they count the people who write 'Rory' or Aurora?')

I guess beggars can't be choosers, though. We wanted a way to feel like we're making an impact, this would be our way to put our money where our mouth is. Sooooo let's get to typing whenever that poll pops up? We can practice now: A E R O R A.

#togethertomorrow

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Mon May 21, 2018 4:58 pm

The Blood Rush pay per view extravaganza was filled with notable moments and thus there are no shortage of posts on the CMV forum exhausting every talking point imaginable--some with more depth than others.

PETITION FOR TOPS NEWSOME TO LOSE THE BELT IF HE WINS VIA COUNTOUT AT IMPLOSION

THE 0 IN 25-0 IS FOR 0 WATCHABLE MATCHES (THREAD LOCKED)

LEO CRUZ BANDWAGON (UPDATE VIII): FLAT TIRE (AKA SINISTER) TAKEN CARE OF

THE REAL REASON TONE WHITE FEARS SUNSHINE

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THAT JACKET ANGEL WAS WEARING?

The Aerora megathread, seemingly a mainstay on the front page at this point, has been bumped down the page with all the pay per view posts, but a recent spike of activity has kept it from falling any further.

Username: fatBlack
Posted: 23 hours ago
----------
I'm sure none of us missed it, but for the sake of those who weren't able to watch Blood Rush yet, they released the results of the Hardcore Championship poll during the show! Spoiler alert:

Somehow we did it! Or, at the very least, we helped make the result a tie. I'm a little worried though that they'll just choose Sophia and call it a day.

Username: hazmatrabbit2189
Posted: 20 hours ago
----------
I wasn't worried until you said that, but now my mind is racing. What if they think we hacked the poll or something and disqualify her? (We didn't, right?)

Posted: 16 hours ago
----------
Don't worry, I called off the hitmen and hackers (but I may or may not have offered some friends a 'gift of appreciation' if they voted the way I wanted). So as far as I'm concerned, the poll results are legit.

It makes sense when you think about it (and trust me, I've thought long and hard about this), a concerted effort by a group will beat out a discombobulated showing by people acting solo. In other words, all of us voting for Aerora, in this grassroots movement (still gives me chills to use Skarzemis' words, butcher that's what this is) is enough to tie, in this case, people voting for whoever they feel like.

On a side note, did anyone see her beat Christie Morrie? She seriously looks better than she has in a long, long time.

Username: Emerald-Fa1c0n
Posted: 12 hours ago
----------
So have they announced what's going to happen yet? Maybe they'll give both Sophia and Aerora a spot and cut whoever they had pegged for the match before? Wishful thinking, I know.

Username: kliqfan04
Posted: 7 hours ago
----------
You guys are a bunch of sheep. Out here cheering for some chick who had her 15 minutes of fame, or should I say: 15 matches, fell of a cliff and is at the bottom where she belongs. Enough with acting like she's the victim or that she's being held down by the big, bad company. If she was supposed to be a champion or a star, she'd be one and she'd be there. But she sucks, so she's scratching and clawing for matches on the main show with the other filth where she belongs. You guys are like a goddamn cult, believing in a lost cause and buying into that masked bitch's words as if a bunch a nobodies on the internet can really change the mind of a company. I'm tired of seeing this thread on the front page, and I've never felt such secondhand cringe before until I caved and came in here to see what the fuss was all about. I almost feel sorry for the lot of you because rooting for this never-was is only going to doom you to an everlasting cycle of hope and disappointment as she lets you down time and time again. Though I can see the appeal, I bet a lot of you see yourselves in Aerora, don't you? You can't help but relate with a perpetual failure who can't get her shit together. God help you all.

Posted: 6 hours ago
----------
Speaking of an everlasting cycle of hope and disappointment, after the disappointment of not outright winning the poll, it looks like we're back at hope after that big tweet a few minutes ago. I'll copy the text for those of you at work who can't access twitter:

@OfficialCMV_
Luckily, there's a simple solution to a tie. It'll be Sophia Gibson vs. Aerora at Gridlock to see who will wrestle in the Hardcore Championship ladder match at iMPLOSION!

Username: PUBGnite
Posted: 3 hours ago
----------
So would Gridlock put us back on the disappointment section of this everlasting cycle?

Username: slicksanchez
Posted: 2 hours ago
----------
Well I don't think it's a 1:1 ratio of disappointment and hope. There could be enough hope left for her to eek out the win. It'll be tough, though, Sophia Gibson ain't no pushover.

Username: ThePenultimateStraw
Posted: 52 minutes ago
----------
So if she wins at Gridlock, we're in for a string of disappointments down the road?

Username: Carly B
Posted: 37 minutes ago
----------
Well the scope of these disappointments aren't necessarily set in stone. She could stub or toe or something between now and implosion.

Username: iSonar
Posted: 21 minutes ago
----------
But how would that be a disappointment to us?

Posted: 8 minutes ago
----------
Cause in this cult of ours, when our god feels pain, so do we. And there's nothing more disappointing than waking up with an unexplained limp.

Username: slick_Z
Posted: 2 minutes ago
----------
Well, we'll all definitely be feeling the pain if Aerora can't get the job done at Gridlock. So let's up for the best. #togethertomorrow

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Tue May 29, 2018 3:37 pm

When Skarzemis appears on the titantron, Aerora by her side, there's an audible cheer from the live audience--louder than its ever been for Skarzemis and louder than it's been for quite some time for Aerora.

For a while they say nothing, not that Aerora has done much talking lately anyways. Instead, the silence is filled by Skarzemis humming a melody while she dances, completely lost in her own world. She stops abruptly, turns on a dime, looks at the camera with her head slightly tiltled, a black hole where her eyes should be, the design on her mask playing tricks on everyone else's.

Did ya see me, Rory?

She speaks in a breathless excitement, her words both a notch above a whisper and melodic in their delivery.

Did ya see how I gave it to Sophia real good? Ha! I bet she still doesn't even know what hit her!

I won't lie to you, Rory. That was real hard. Harder than I ever could have imagined. Sophia is one tough cookie, that's for sure, but I couldn't let you down. It's just like I told you: you can't know how strong you are until you're helpless and the power is out of your hands.

You stood by and you watched and you waited, unsure of what the future would bring. Your nightmares were filled with dying lights and a pitch-black world that made it impossible to find your way back home.

She laughs as though someone being in such a state of mental unrest and misery was the funniest thing she's ever heard.

But! But then a firefly shared its light with you.

And then another.

And then another...

And then another!

Until there was an army of them. All for you. All in the sky. Their sole purpose: using their light to guide you, to help you -- if you allowed them.

You trusted them, put your life in their hands. They could have crumbled and folded under the pressure. They could have failed and left you for dead! Ha ha! But they held up their end of the bargain. They got you home. They got you to Implosion. And I was there at Gridlock to make sure that you got through the front door.

Now it's your turn.

You gotta make sure no one kicks you out.

An imagine fades into view. Headshots of Amy Winters and Jasmine Crossings with hearts drawn around the heads. The silhouettes of the other two unannounced competitors have questions marks etched onto them. Pictures of Alice Blake and Tiffany Razor have been spliced together, but not in a half and half kind of way. It's a borderline frankenstein situation with Razor's left eye, a piece of Blake's nose, Razor's bottom lip and Tiffany's top lip, and each woman's hair cut and pasted here and there to create a truly unsettling image of the potential champion heading into Hardcore Championship match.

Soon we'll know the names of all of our friends who will join you in that match. And then we'll have to get to work! There will be cakes to bake, cards to write, flowers to handpick so that we can do our part to ease the pain of the grieving families.

The sadness in her voice almost appears genuine, which only serves the amplify how harrowing her words are coming across.

They gotta understand that you're gonna do what you have to; there's no other way this can play out. You've suffered so much yesterday and today that it only makes sense for things to go your way tomorrow. Implosion is when your light shines so bright, you're the only one who survives.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:27 pm

In a sweet spot between the airings of Ferocity and Cause & Effect, the CMV forums have been plenty active. The thread all about Aerora is where it usually is, continually kept alive by a dedicated fanbase with seemingly no shortage of things to discuss.

NOW WE KNOW WHERE SLATE KEEPS HIS OTHER GLOVE (THREAD LOCKED)

OFFICIAL IMPLOSION SNACK RECOMMENDATION THREAD

THEORY: A HIPSTER STOLE AARON WAITE’S LUNCH

LEO CRUZ BANDWAGON THREAD XXI (WHERE WERE YOU WHEN NEWSOME GOT DEAD?)

RECONSTRUCTING TEAMS FUSION AND GENESIS

zsgkjxgdfz
----------
Holy shizsnacks! She actually beat Crossings! I was on the edge of my seat the whole match just waiting for Jazzy to lock in the crossface, but thankfully it looked like Aerora was a step ahead. I don’t know what it is, but it really feels like she turned a corner lately, and while anything can happen in a ladder match, especially one with five other women in it, I’m feeling increasingly optimistic about her chances of winning.

dry_milk
----------
If nothing else, it was a definite step up from the way that triple threat ended.Seriously, did we ever figure out why Aerora just watched Winters tapped out?

bloody$andwich
----------
Maybe she was worried about being tapped out herself?

dry_milk
----------
But why would those be the only two options?

FrenchFry
----------
I’ve been thinking about it too (because I personally wouldn’t be able to rest until this mystery were solved) and the only thing I could come up with is that she wanted Winters to suffer. It may sound crazy, but it’s the one piece of the puzzle I can contort enough to fit into the place, since all the other possibilities seem even more out there. ‘Cause it’s not like Aerora, didn’t see that Winters was in danger and the match was in jeopardy, she just made a conscious decision not to do anything, even at the expense of losing the match.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on things, and this in particular is troubling because it’s the first sign that Skarzemis is rubbing off on Aerora, which is what I was most worried about when the masked lady showed up onto the scene. SKar is always acting all chipper and jovial and friendly, but we’ve all scene that she has a mean streak and can do some sadistic stuff while still laughing and joking around. Aerora watching Winters tap was a taste, and I hope it isn’t a sign of things to come.

PM_ME_BLUE_TONGUES
Posted: 1 hour ago
----------
I dunno, while I don’t wanna see Aerora to just arbitrarily throw away matches, perhaps having a bit of an edge is just that little bit extra that she’s been needing to break through to the next level. Plus it was Winters; she deserves it for making us listen to that entrance music.

Moonlight
Posted: 32 minutes ago
----------
If this is a cult, then I think I may have been indoctrinated.

the last slice
Posted: 17 minutes ago
----------
Awesome, but it does get me wondering who the last woman the match is gonna be. Surprising that they’re giving Sophia Gibson another chance, guess they felt a little bad that we brigaded the polls on Aerora’s behalf when it looked like a sure thing that Sophia would win...or that Skarzemis fought her at the pay per view instead of Aerora, but that part had less to do with us.

4rd place
Posted: 12 minutes ago
----------
Do you think they considered at one point nullifying the result of the match since Aerora was technically supposed to wrestle? Imagine having to be the one to tell Skarzemis something along those lines? I’d love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2