-Final Stand
-Purgatory
-Ascendance

Blinding Lights

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blinding Lights

Post by Red Chocolate on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:43 pm

There's a camera in the room because that's just how things work in CMV. Skarzemis has made herself comfortable in Aerora's hospital room, the one that she and Samantha Steel put the French-born wrestler in a few week's back.

Aerora lies there with her eyes closed, the heartrate monitor beeping evenly in the background. Skarzemis has her book in her lap, thumbing through it until she finds the page she's looking for. There's a picture that spreads across the two pages, black and white, of Aerora and Skarzemis embraced in a hug.

But how could they ever wind up like that considering the actions that led to the situation they're in right now?

Skarzemis starts speaking while lazily dragging her fingers along the page, whispering so as not to disturb Aerora.

How considerate.

Get your rest, Rory.

Tomorrow is yours to take.

She snaps the book shut, gets out of her seat then starts walking toward the door. On her way out, she steps over a nurse on the ground, picks up the bag that was weighing down the woman, and begins humming to herself as she walks down the hall.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blinding Lights

Post by Red Chocolate on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:35 am

Skarzemis is back in Aerora's hospital room.

This time she sits on the side of the bed running her fingers through the unconscious woman's hair like a mother might do to a sleeping child.

The masked woman speaks in a soothing voice.

Sammy will be Undisputed Champion one day, Rory...

...and then we'll be one big happy family.

She says that with no trace of sarcasm, no hint of maliciousness in her voice. Skarzemis continues stroking Aerora's hair as the feed fades to black.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Skarzemis leans against the wall looking over at Aerora as the moonlight softly Illuminates her features. Skarzemis has a flower in her hand, whispering as she pulls of the petals one by one, letting then float to the ground.

She'll join us.

She'll join us not.

She'll join us.

She'll join us not.

She'll join us.

She'll join us not.

She'll join us.

She'll join us not.

Her breath hitches as she runs out of petals to detach from the host, this prophetic ritual landing on an unwanted result. Skarzemis frantically reaches into her bag and pulls out the book. In an instant she's on that page, an image of her and Aerora with a little less color than last time. Skar takes in a deep breath, trying to calm herself, steady her nerves.

She suddenly perks up and giggles. After giving the flower steam a lookover, Skar tosses it into the air.

She'll join us!

She joyfully skips down the room. Her laughs echo down the hall, genuine but always with that sadistic undercurrent.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:39 pm

You're dreaming about it, aren't you?

How tomorrow is so close you can see it if you really squint.

It looks so beautiful, doesn't it?

All that you can be.

All that you can have.

The camera is zoomed in on Skarzemis' mask. The design on it, the ink blot subtlely shifts as her mind wanders. It changes at a snail's pace, as quickly as the longest minute but only noticeable because it's all that's shown.  

Remember what I told you, Rory?

Remember...

You remind me so much of Joy.

A disappointment to spite your potential.

Still you're different.

You still have a chance.

All you have to is wake up.

Her mask is completely black now that the ink has fully spread.  

And join your family.  

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:07 pm

The cameras follow Skarzemis as she makes her way down the hallway to visit Aerora once more. She bursts into the room giddy and unable to contain her excitement. She sees a nurse tending to Aerora.

"Get away from her," Skar yells out. She begins reaching into her bag for something to use, but the implication is enough to make the nurse do as he was told.

The problem is he wasn't just tending to Aerora; he was taking care of a conscious Aerora.

The French superstars' head snaps to the side to stare down Skarzemis. The nurse tries to explain, "This young woman told the staff that she was your only family."

Aerora's eyes fly open wide in surprise, in fear....in rage. She shouts in her native tongue, "She's a monster! Get her out of here!"

"Rory, no..." Skar's voice is soft, vulnerable. She tries to take a step forward, but this time Aerora shouts in English, "Get...her...OUT!"

Skar finally retrieves what she was digging inside her bag for: a mask. An exact match of her own. She places it down on a table, then wordlessly turns and exits the room.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:07 pm

A disappointing outing for Steel for sure, it's written all over her face. It's written in the way her fingernails dig into the palms of her flesh. It's written in the way her jaw is so tightly clenched shut.

But all she can do is watch now.

Watch as Sophia Gibson celebrates her victory, a women who has reaches heights and attained achievements Steel is still scratching and clawing to have for herself.

Perhaps she doesn't have to watch.

Steel slithers out of the ring and grabs a Steel chair. She slides back into the and stands poised to strike, the boos loud, merely waiting for Gibson to turn around so that metal can split the skull.

That's when Aerora's theme hits the speakers.

The cheers a thunderous, a combination of relief for a timely recovery and, well, relief for a timely intervention. Aerora sprints down the ramp, slides into the ring and flips onto her feet in a fluid, effortless, memorizing motion. Gibson spits around, realizing what was awaiting her. She looks ready to join the fight, but Aerora assures her that she'll have this handled, alone.

And then there were two.

They circle each other, Steel and Aerora do, waiting for the other to make the first misstep. Finally, Aerora gets tired of waiting. Revenge isn't always a dish best served cold. She lunges forward ducking under a wild swing of the chair. They spin around so that they're face to face again.

And then Skarzemis' theme hits.

Rory! You came! I knew you would. I was getting worried those monsters in the hospital would turn you against me, but I should have trusted that you'd know the truth. Silly me for doubting.

Not that you're here, we're almost complete.

It's wonderful, isn't it? To finally have a place where you belong.

Aerora's head snaps around, despite that making her vulnerable to Steel. "A family," Aerora mouths, and as if those words triggered something, the edge is taken off of her face as her features smoothen. Steel drops the chair, exits the ring, and gets into Skarzemis' face. "Whatever this is, I want no part of it. Get me my title match." Steel bumps shoulder with Skar before she heads backstage.

Don't worry about, Sammy, she's just getting cold feet before her special day. She's gonna be Champion one day. But that doesn't mean we can't have some fun too!

Aerora exits the ring, and walks up to Skarzemis. She doesn't seem to know what to do or how to act, so Skar takes the lead, hooking her arm into Aerora's and leading her backstage.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:04 pm

And there she lies in the ring.

Beaten, but not broken.

Hurting, but not broken.

Aerora, once the epitome of a fast rise to the top, finds herself at the bottom lying on the ground, the lights up above blinding her. Skarzemis enters the ring by sliding underneath the bottom rope, crawling over to where Aerora lies. Skar positions herself so that she sits cross-legged, now cradling Aerora's head in her arms.

It's okay...

It's okay...

She says as the crowd watches in a curious silence.

They're coming...

Our family will be whole for the first time.

You won't be alone anymore.

Don't you see?

Tomorrow is so close.

And it's all yours, Rory.

Skarzemis giggles, the prospect of what the future holds for her and everyone around filling her with genuine glee. She sits there, cooing and running her fingers through Aerora's hair, being so nurturing and so unsettling in her own way, without really trying to be either.

When they wanted you, there was nothing that you couldn't do. They propped you up and promised that you were going to be something special. Don't you see how they misled you? You were always special, and you're just as beautiful and strong as you always were.

But they broke that promise, Rory! They broke it and left you there to pick up the pieces. They were planning your funeral while you fought for your future. You weren't their favorite anymore. I'm so sorry. They looked into your eyes and saw what I see...the difference is that I embrace what they shun, and I'll unleash what they fear!

I'll give you everything they've denied you.

And it's gonna be so much fun!

She giggles and sighs all satisfied. She helps Aerora to her feet and together they make their way out.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:27 pm

A shot of Aerora standing backstage is shown, an unsettlingly blank expression on her face. The camera zooms out to show Skarzemis sitting on Aerora's shoulders, nonchalantly playing with Aerora's hair. Skarzemis leans forward and waves at the camera, giggling as she does so.

Oh, Rory, this is gonna be so fun! You haven't met Jenny yet, have you? Oooooooh this is gonna be so fun!

She laughs, kicking her legs back and forth like a child sitting on a swing.

Ha ha! She's something great; there won't be a dull second when you're in the ring with her. She's so young and pretty and full of life...I bet you're gonna have a grand ol' time with her!

But go easy on her, all right? Jenny could be your sister one day! She's so much like you, but she doesn't see it. She's so afraid to let that side of her show, it's heartbreaking, really. I almost feel sorry for her, but she's doing it to herself. She lets herself be a walking paradox and doesn't see how everyone laughs! They laugh, Rory! They laugh! Ha ha ha! And I bet the sound of it keeps poor Jenny up at night. The tears fall and soak through her pillow, no one around to gather them so it all goes to waste.

What a shame.

She sighs, then makes herself comfortable my resting her chin on top of Aerora's head.

She's so strong, but so weak. She's so talented, yet the world passes her by. She has such a bright future, but sits in the darkness...alone.

Why doesn't she get it, Rory? Why can't everyone see how much better you are now that you let me help you? You were bred for greatness, dubbed a prodigy, they were gonna give you the whole world, and then what...then they cast you aside. The told you that you weren't good enough. They told you that you couldn't make it here anymore. They told you that you were wrestling on borrowed time.

But who are they, Rory?

And who the hell do they think they are?

Skarzemis hops down then spins Aerora around so that they're facing each other.

I won't let them hurt you anymore.

You're safe now.

No matter what happened yesterday, there's still tomorrow and only this family will be standing. Just look at what's waiting for you when that time comes. There's Amber and Angelina holding championships that will be yours one day! Can't you see it when you close your eyes? Showing how vicious you can be as Hardcore Champion OR! proving them all wrong and winning the Intercontinental Championship like you've been destined to all this time.

But first! Jenny.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Chocolate on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Aerora just stands there, back straight, arms dangling, the light gone from her eyes as she blankly stares into the ether. She's somehow consciously comatose--alive but at the mercy of someone else.

The culprit is currently skipping in circles around her singing, unsettling in her carefree demeanor, a childlike attitude in stark, frightening contrast to the wickedness that lurks beneath the surface.

Skarzemis twirls around letting her new robe flutter in the wind then stops on a dime so that she and Aerora are face to face. Skar speaks in a fake, deep voice with a hint of a laugh she can barely suppress as she tries to contain how much fun she's having.

"We don't love you anymore, Aerora."

Don't you see that's what they've been trying to tell you all along, Rory?

"Sorry little lady, you're just not what we're looking for in a Vixen. You're not as beautiful as the other women. You don't have much of a social media presence. You're not as marketable now that you've lost once or twice."

You're as talented, though, that's what should matter, right? More talented than they'll ever let you show. They treat you as an afterthought, Rory--throwing you bones every other week when you should be feasting like a Queen! They put you on the show with as few eyes watching as possible hoping beyond hope that you'll be forgotten. That way they can justify sweeping you under the rug. Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm so sorry.

Skarzemis wraps her arms around Aerora in a hug, but Aerora seems to be so out of it that her arms continue just hanging there by her sides.

They dug your grave for you a long time ago. The more you fight to stay out of that ever-deepening whole, the more they try to force you in down into it. I have your hand, Rory, and as long as you trust me, they won't get what they want. I'll pull you out of that hole every time. When I watch you wrestle, it's like witnessing a masterpiece being created right before my very eyes. A work of art that becomes your magnum opus until the next match comes along.

"What if you just went away for good, you worthless piece of shit!"

Skarzemis gasps in surprise at the vulgarity as though the words didn't come out of her own mouth.

That's what they're saying through their actions, because they're too afraid to say it to your face--because you're not alone anymore; because you're part of this family now.

It still hurts you; I know it. I see you in a way so few others can these days. You're not a piece of meat that they can throw away in disgust because they cooked you wrong! You have feelings, and you have a heart, and that heart is longing for the success that's always just slipped through your fingertips time and time and time and time and time again. You're going to get there, Rory. I can see it in your eyes that you're starting to understand. Ha ha! You're starting to believe that I'm the only one who can save you.

You're starting to see that they're playing right into my hands. The people always loved you, Rory. They support and they care for you no matter what. Even better: their love for an underdog transcends any support for one single man or woman. And the more your fans see you struggle as you fight against all odds, against this oppressive, stifling, maniacal force... the deeper they'll fall in love.

I've seen how it all unfolds.

She reaches into her bag and pulls out her book. After flipping through a couple of pages, she stops on an image. It's of Aerora, on her knees alone in some kind of temple surrounded by cloaked figures. Skarzemis stands behind her holding an object over Aerora's head that can't quite be made out due to the angle. Half of the picture is colored, the other half is black and white. Whatever moment this image is supposed to precede, it's close to coming to fruition. '

Skarzemis laughs then snaps the book shut.

Your transformation is almost complete. They pushed you into my arms, and I'll unleash the monster they took part in creating. You will amass an army of sympathizers, Rory. Hundred! Thousands! Millions! of people who will create a tidal wave of support that will be too big to ignore as it comes crashing down on Ferocity and washes away all of the hatred, bias and judgment against you. It'll be grassroots movement they won't be able to stop!

Your shackles will be broken and you will be free to reign.

With the way they've been treating you like an afterthought...ha!...I guess they'll really have no one to blame but themselves when they don't see you coming.

"You should know your place in this company, Aerora. Your time has come and gone."

That's where they're wrong, Rory.

There's always tomorrow.

She cackles skipping off down the hallway. A few seconds later she reappears and takes Aerora by the hand pulling her away.

Red Chocolate
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next