-Cause & Effect
-Final Stand
-Purgatory
-Ascendance

Name Value

Go down

Name Value

Post by Alveuss on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:43 pm

As Monday Night Fusion episode 104 goes on we take a break from the action to a scene with the Fusion General Manager Johnny Sampson sitting at his desk working on some paperwork. He appears to be in good spirits as he hums away to himself, probably because of his huge announcement of the returning Hayden just earlier in the night. His humming is forced to an abrupt stop however as there are three sharp knocks on his door causing Johnny to get a bit of a fright.

Johnny Sampson
Door’s open, come in!

The door swings open and in walks one half of the men who will be challenging for the Tag Team Championships in about an hour or so, Jacob Ziegler. He’s dressed exactly like he always is with his leather jacket and chain however he also has a plaster on his forehead and some tape over his wrist, clearly hurting from the brutal Elimination Chamber match not even 24 hours ago.

Johnny Sampson
Ahh Jake!

Sampson stands up and walks around to the other side of his desk, welcoming the Scotsman in.

Johnny Sampson
Welcome, how ya feeling? Is there something I can help you with?

Ziegler looks confused for a second, tilting his head a little at Johnny, before smiling himself and walking further into the office.

Jacob Ziegler
You’re in good spirits today.

Johnny Sampson
Of course, it’s a good day.

Jacob Ziegler
Well that’s good but even still, that’s no excuse to call me Jake. Don’t let that slip again.

Johnny Sampson
Of course, of course, my bad. Jacob, to what do I owe the pleasure.

Ziegler walks past Johnny and runs his hand across his desk, stopping at a framed photo and picks it up to look at it. In the photo is Brody and Laura with their arms around each other, clearly it was a happier time in the Sampson family. Ziegler smiles and puts the photo back down before looking up to address the General Manager, leaning on his desk as he does so.

Jacob Ziegler
I just wanted to come in and say how good a job you’ve been doing as of late. What with all the Schmidty stuff still lingering in the air a little you’ve done well to get Fusion back on track. A lesser man would’ve cracked under the pressure of steadying this ship but not you, you just keep on going taking it all in your stride.

Johnny Sampson
Well thank you Jacob, that means a lot. You know I…

Jacob Ziegler
And now you’ve only gone and brought back one of the biggest names in this company’s history!

Johnny loses the smile and looks slightly deflated as Ziegler cuts him off.

Jacob Ziegler
I thought we’d seen the last of old Hayden but no, not as long as you have something to say about it. That’s gonna surely light a fire up in the arse of this show and all the guys here. Sending him straight after Voice Vindy and the Undisputed Championship too? I like it. I really do like it, here’s hoping he takes the title from him am I right?

Johnny Sampson
Well myself and Voice definitely have our differences but it would be unprofessional of me to choose one superstar over another just because of some personal issues…

Jacob Ziegler
Oh absolutely, as captain of this ship it’s much more important to look at things such as performance in the ring and merchandise sales and how well any given superstar is perceived by the fans, correct?

Johnny Sampson
Well yes that’s correct. I get the feeling you’re going somewhere with this.

The Scotsman lets a huge smile slide across his face…

Jacob Ziegler
Huh, you’re intuitive.

Ziegler proceeds to take off his jacket and turns it around in front of him, holding it in his hands showing Johnny the Pride & Filth logo.

Jacob Ziegler
Did you know I had t shirts? I had absolutely no idea but apparently I do and it has this here logo on it. I’ve had others in the past too... Tell me Johnny, do you know who’s at the top of the sales right now?

Johnny Sampson
I do indeed yes. Shane and yourself have been doing well for yourselves hence...

Jacob Ziegler
That’s crazy right? A lot of people think that Shane and I just act like arseholes all the time yet the fans love us.

As Ziegler begins to put his jacket back on Johnny takes a breath as if to speak only to be shushed by Ziegler.

Jacob Ziegler
Wait, there’s more! I’m sure you’ve seen the recent poll on CMV.com right? You have to have. “Which superstar, Fusion or Genesis, do you love to see the most?”

Sampson lets out an exhaustive sign.

Johnny Sampson
Of course I have yeah.

Jacob Ziegler
So who was number one, go ahead tell me. Which CMV superstar do the fans all currently adore the most?

Johnny Sampson
Oh come on, like you don’t already know…

Jacob Ziegler
I absolutely do but still, humor me. Who is it?

Johnny Sampson
Oh you know what! I think… I think it’s you Jacob! Congratulations!

Johnny says this as sarcastically as he possibly could but Ziegler doesn’t care, he still nods and smiles in appreciation.

Jacob Ziegler
Thank you, thank you, it’s nice to be appreciated you know?

Johnny Sampson
Okay Jake, this is this is fun and all but I actually have work to do so if you can get to whatever point you’re trying to make that’d be fantastic.

Jacob Ziegler
Alright, fair enough. Why don’t you go ahead and try saying my name correctly first.

The smile is now gone from Johnny’s face as he’s growing impatient.

Johnny Sampson
What do you want Ziegler?

The Scotsman loses his smile for a brief second and squints his eyes at Johnny but quickly regains it.

Jacob Ziegler
You know what I want? I want to start being treated like the mega star that I am and all the respect and opportunities that come with that. See, it hit me last night when I was thinking about how I let another chance slip through my fingers, I deserve more than having to fight through an elimination chamber. Why haven’t I ever had a one on one match for that championship huh?

Johnny Sampson
Hold on a second, are you really going to come at me right now for not being given chances? You, who was in the Money in the Bank ladder match at Ascendance, you who snaked your way into another chance to win that briefcase, you who literally had a world title shot last night and you who tonight is being given a second opportunity to capture the Tag Team Championships after you cost yourself the first chance? Seriously?

Ziegler looks away from Johnny for a second and into the air, as if thinking long and hard about his answer. After a moment he smiles again and looks right at Johnny.

Jacob Ziegler
Yeah.

Sampson is getting annoyed, he squints his eyes at the Scotsman before shaking his head.

Johnny Sampson
Get out of my office.

Ziegler leans up off the desk but instead of walking past the general manager to the exit, he walks around his desk and takes a seat in his chair, throwing his feet up on the desk as he does so.

Johnny Sampson
What in the hell do you think you’re doing?

Jacob Ziegler
I’m not going anywhere John until you understand exactly what’s going on here.

Ziegler leans forward and again lifts up the photo before throwing himself back into the chair.

Jacob Ziegler
See, I’m going to start doing whatever the hell I want to do around here and you are going to let me. Don’t worry, I’m not about to start pulling a Schmidty on you and demand control of the show, no. I will however push you into making correct decisions.

Johnny Sampson
You are going to do exactly what I tell you to do or…

Jacob Ziegler
Or what? You gonna suspend me for another 8 months Johnny? You gonna get all the superstars to come in and hold me down so you can beat me up? No? I guess you could just fire me right? Well go ahead then. Fire me.

Johnny Sampson

Jacob Ziegler
You’re going to do absolutely nothing and here’s why. It clicked for me last night and you only made me doubly certain earlier tonight when you brought Hayden back. You need star power and unfortunately for you, when it comes to the fans I have that start power in abundance. You can go ahead and kid yourself all you want about last night’s chamber being the most stacked one in history but the reality is you had Paul, you had Shane, and you had me. The other 3, the fans could simply not care less about. One of those men was your dear old boy in this picture right here, one of the others is now walking around with the most important title in this whole company. Yeah sure, that’s gonna give the ratings a good old boost right?

Bringing Hayden back is a good move, he’s sure to prove popular for a while until everyone begins to remember what he was like when he was last here. You know, when I was first coming into this company? When I beat him two weeks into my career here?

Johnny Sampson
I don’t remember that because it’s irrelevant. You won the lowest tier title there is to hold here, congratulations. You’re right yeah I won’t fire you but you will still answer to me or I will put you through hell. I don’t know where you got this idea from that all the chips are in your corner but believe it or not, you’re not as big a star as you like to think you are.

Jacob Ziegler
Huh, maybe not. I wonder if Eric Matthews feels that way too.

Sampson pauses for a minute, thinking about what to say next.

Johnny Sampson
Did you just threaten to quit and join another show?

Jacob Ziegler
Yes, yes I did. I reckon Eric would welcome me with open arms when he’s back in charge. Or maybe I’ll take a little wander over to WGW and see what that place is like. Or anywhere else really.

Johnny Sampson
You’re not going to quit.

Jacob Ziegler
Oh no? Why’s that. You think I need to be here? You know yourself how wrong that is. Maybe you just don’t want me to go and if that’s the case then well... I don’t see the problem. After all, I’m not as big as I think I am. It wouldn’t hurt you enormously if I just took my lack of star power over to UnMatched right?

Johnny doesn’t know how to proceed. Obviously he doesn’t want Ziegler to leave for a rival company, he can’t afford for him to. On the other hand though he can’t just roll over again and be pushed around like with Schmidty. Ziegler stands up and hands the photo to Johnny who takes it from him and looks him straight in the eye.

Jacob Ziegler
If I were you, I’d think extremely carefully about how you choose to play this. Don’t worry, I’m not gonna demand that you hand me the Undisputed title on a silver platter or anything like that, like I said I’m not Schmidty. I will however push you to use your true stars correctly, and you will listen because if you don’t then you can kiss goodbye to me, my briefcase, my star power and after tonight, your Tag Team titles.

Ziegler walks past Johnny and opens the door to leave, Johnny now staring blankly at the spot Ziegler was just standing in, thinking hard. Before fully leaving the room Ziegler stops and turns his head.

Jacob Ziegler
Speaking of the Tag Team titles, here’s your first push. Harvey Hastings and Voice Vindy? Really? No no that’s simply not good enough. Champion versus champion is a good match-up so you can keep that little plan, the names involved however… Not so much. So here’s what you’re going to do. That match right there, simply not good enough to be in the main event, it’s not going there. Instead you can go ahead and move my Tag Title victory to the main event spot instead. Sound good? Great.

Still Johnny doesn’t turn around but Ziegler doesn’t leave, instead the Scotsman turns back around fully to face the general manager.

Jacob Ziegler
John.

Reluctantly Sampson does turn around the face the Scotsman with a face of pure anger but doesn’t say anything.

Jacob Ziegler
What’s my name?

There’s an awkwardly long pause as the two men now burn a hole through each other until Johnny eventually breaks the silence.

Johnny Sampson
Jacob Ziegler.

The Scotsman smiles and turns walking out the door…

Jacob Ziegler
Smile Johnny, it’s a good day after all.

And with that the door closes and the scene fades to black for a commercial break.

(I absolutely will not add you back)

Jacob Ziegler - 1x Undisputed Champion, 2x Anarchy Champion, 1x Tag Team Champions (w/ Hayden), 1x Mr Money in the Bank
Riley Dixon - 1x Women's Intercontinental Champion, 1x Miss Money in the Bank

Misc. - 1x Light Heavyweight Champion (Rubik), 1x Newcomer of the Year (Jacob Ziegler), 0x Nominated Promoer of the Year
Alveuss
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Name Value

Post by Miztacular on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:01 pm

Good promo Alveuss! Was a solid read.

Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable

View user profile