Zeb
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Life and Times of Clayton Barber: Episode 2

Post by Zeb on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:13 pm

Episode 0

Black-clad mourners are seated in a large church, their assorted sobs and whimpers fill the void left by the choir who have taken a seat so that this funeral can continue. A sea of red eyes and damp faces look back at a closed casket covered in flowers and ribbons.

The attention shifts to a man who begins making his way up to the front of the room, his frame soon hidden behind a lectern. The gentleman, known outside of the television screen as CMV's 10|EL, is cleanly shaved, long, unruly hair slicked back and looking neat. He puts his hands behind his back and sighs deeply, looking back out at the somber faces.

TEDDY:Good Morning everyone. Thank you for taking time out of your day to join our family in what I only wish were more pleasant circumstances. I'm Theodore, and when they asked me to give the eulogy for my grandfather, I didn't know what to make of it at first.  

He grips the microphone tightly with one hand and uses the other to brace himself against the lectern.  

TEDDY:Clayton Barber was the greatest man to ever walk this earth. But then again, I could be a little bias.

That gets some soft soft chuckles from the group.  

TEDDY:He was always so caring, so kind. He always had a joke to make you smile and a piece of advice to brighten up your day. As many of you know, he was also incredibly charitable. Whether you were a down-on-your-luck single mother who just lost her job, or a small business owner just trying to keep your doors open one more month, my grandfather was always there to help and never expected anything in return. He changed so many lives and touched so many hearts, and I don't think it's wrong for me to say that he was a pillar of this community.

Teddy's expression softens as he looks down at the casket.  

TEDDY:The last time I spoke to him was about a week ago, and he was so excited to tell me about all these amazing things he was doing for the town, particularly the charity ball, that I was already clearing my schedule and planning my flight before I knew what day it was! That's just the kind of effect he had on people, and he left behind big shoes that no one will ever be able to fill. Sure there are other well off people, but none were as generous. None were willing to get on their hands and knees and plant trees with the kids or clean up debris off the side of the road because he took pride in where he lived.

Clayton Barber once found an injured, abandoned, sick dog on the side of the road, held it in his arms as it died, then led the charge to create legislation that would punish any heartless prick who thinks it's okay to leave Fido for dead like that.

Teddy's gaze hardens as he removes the microphone from its holder and walks down a few steps. He places a hand on the polished wood of the casket. His expression hardens.  

TEDDY:And that's why his murder cannot go unpunished.

Zeb
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miztacular on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:38 am

You really did well to make me a fan of Clayton Barber, I think this idea you're doing is very unique and it's going to be really cool to see how far it goes. Really interesting stuff Krzy.

Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeb on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Going One on One with the Incomparable 10|EL
By: Julio Guerrero

..........From the wrestling ring to the your computer screens, CMV's 10|EL never performed in front of an audience that he couldn't dazzle.

..........And he does it so effortlessly.

.........."It's something I take great pride in," he said while getting his hair and makeup done on the set of "The Life and Times of Clayton Barber" his latest project, "entertaining the people and making sure that they leave thinking the price of admission was a steal."

..........His complexion flawless and not a single strand of hair out of place, the hybrid wrestler and actor finds himself drawn to both worlds and enjoying the best of each.

.........."Acting is, and probably always will be, my first love," he said with a heart-melting smile, "but there's something about wrestling, about being in that ring, and feeding off of the crowds' energy that's unlike anything I've ever felt before. That adrenaline rush is addicting and always keeps me coming back for more. "

..........10|EL's big break came when he landed the lead role on the award-winning web series "Dying to Live," an exploration of how far a man is willing to go to conceal a life-destroying secret. After several small commercials and sporadic minor acting roles, with "Dying to Live" 10|EL was finally able to shine in the beloved thriller.

..........Almost simultaneously, he found himself making waves in the wrestling world--captivating the fans with unique charm and charisma--and his debut match against Vitor Belfort, Jr. is widely considered NGW's greatest match in the brand's original, short-lived run.

.........."I think I've found a good balance," he said while casually leaning back in his chair with his eyes closed, hands clasped behind his head. "A web series isn't as demanding as a network television show or a blockbuster movie, and now that I'm officially on UnMatched, my schedule is light enough that, barring any major injuries--fingers crossed, I won't be too sore when I'm on set. Not that I wouldn't give my best either way."

..........10|EL's decision to take his talents from Fusion to UnMatched didn't come without its share of criticism, with many CMV fans saying that the actor was running from Harvey Hastings in particular, the man who defeated 10|EL for the prestigious United States Championship.

.........."There was a lot of backlash, definitely, but the idea of 'loyalty' to one brand or the other is laughable to me," he said. As he sits, 10|EL oozes an aura of calmness that seems to lower the stress and blood pressure of those who have the privilege of being around him. "It's a business first and foremost, and I made the business decision that best suited me. When NGW abruptly ended, I didn't even have a spot on the last show because the powers that be thought I was a one-trick pony and a one-match wonder."

..........After NGW closed its doors, at the time seemingly forever, 10|EL wasn't seen again until his infamous confrontation with Xander Slate at Ascendence which sparked one of the more memorable rivalries in recent memories.

.........."Yeah, that was something else, wasn't it?" he said laughing. "Every week I just thought of different ways I could mess with the guy, everyone's favorite being me popping into bed with him. I promise nothing happened, it was just about playing mind games and having a little fun in the process. At the end of it all, I was able to establish myself as a capable wrestler and an entertainer with few equals. Winning the United States Championship in the process didn't hurt either. All of a sudden I had a little bit of starpower because everyone wanted a taste of 10|EL, I didn't hesitate to use that leverage when contract negotiations came around.

..........Who knows," he said with a mischievous grin, "I could find myself back there one day. One thing I learned from acting is that you have to take the role and the situation that you think is best, and that's what I did. At this point I know that wherever I go the fans will follow."

..........The changing of brands is what opened up 10|EL's schedule enough to begin work on a new project that eventually became "The Life and Times of Clayton Barber," a drama about a man on a quest to avenge his grandfather's murder only to learn shocking truths that will forever change the way he views the man he used to idolize.

..........After a powerful performance in the shows' pilot, 10|EL helped the web series get picked up for a full season. Sitting here between takes, he promises the show will have tons of twists and turns and will go to unexpected places.

.........."There may even be a cameo or two from some familiar faces," he said coyly.

..........His own face on a screen to be viewed by thousands, perhaps even millions, is something 10|EL dreamed of since he was a young boy growing up with immigrant parents in an apartment packed with both younger and older siblings.

.........."I come from humble beginnings, and for as long as I've had memories, my parents preached the values of hard work and earning everything you have," he said with an expression on his face that gives away just how precious those memories are to him. "Unfortunately, some of those lessons fell on deaf ears as far as one or two of my brothers are concerned, but I vowed that my name would always have a positive light shone on it."

..........That light will shine bright soon as 10|EL prepares to make his debut on UnMatched. With his contract signed before the first episode of the season, 10|EL has been ready to go and promises that his adoring fans will see him sooner rather than later.

.........."They wanted to drag things over the next few weeks out for the hype, but I was like been there done that with NGW already, you know? I want to get back out there and whatever happens when the bell rings happens. I may win, I may lose, but either way the people are guaranteed to get a show unlike anything they've ever seen before."

..........And if you want a taste of 10|EL and can't wait until UnMatched, then be sure to grab his limited edition gum "Ten" available in stores and online today.

.........."Mientros lucho con mi corazón y alma, no puedo perder."

Zeb
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeb on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Episode 1

After an emotional, draining speech at his grandfather's funeral, Teddy Barber snuck out of the church while family and friends gathered to share stories of Clayton Barber's life--ended far before its time.

Breathing in the warm afternoon air, it was much too hot for the suit he was wearing, and he couldn't wait for this all to end so he could get out of it and into something seasonally appropriate.

He sighed, pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket as he did so. He quit last year. The year before that too, as well as three weeks ago, but the cravings were always overwhelming during times of great stress. Times like laying one of the kindest men he'll ever know to rest.

In between long drags, he let his mind wander. The VMC Charity Ball was next week, and while the last thing he wanted to do was celebrate, he owed it to Clayton to see one of his last pet projects through.

Such a high class event where some of the most affluent and influential members of society would attend wasn't a strange occurrence in VMC. Balls, galas and all the rest seemingly happened every other day so that egos could get stroked and status flaunted. The only difference is that festivities hosted by Clayton Barber would actually have the money raised donated to the advertised foundation--along with the ego stroking and status flaunting.

The back door opened with a bang, startling Teddy who quickly dropped the cigarette and put it out with his shoe just as a head poked through the door. Nothing he could do about the tattletale stench of smoke wafting through the air.

MORGAN:I knew I'd find you out here.

TEDDY:Miss Silver! Granddad's partner in crime looking as lovely as ever.

Teddy smiled and pulled the older woman in for a hug noting the strong smell of cocoa butter on her skin, just like old times.

MORGAN:Theodore I've told you a thousand times to just call me Morgan, we've known each other long enough.

TEDDY:Then it's only fair you call me Teddy.

MORGAN:Ah yes, I remember the change in tune after you left hoity-toity VMC to strike out on your own.

TEDDY:Something like that.

A few beats of silence pass before Morgan sighed and pulled her own pack of cigarettes out of her pocket. She offered one to Teddy, a mischievous smile on her face that didn't go away when he politely declined.

MORGAN:Hell of a way for the heir to the family fortune to return.

Teddy did what he could to stifle a groan.

TEDDY:It was never about the mon--

MORGAN:--the money, right. But you have to admit that it gave you a cushion to fall back on that your sister didn't.

TEDDY:I didn't write Clayton's will.

MORGAN:He deserved better than what he got. Though I must say that mortician is something of a magician.

TEDDY:But no miracle worker.

Another few seconds of silence followed.

MORGAN:See you at the ball?

Teddy nodded then watched as Morgan slipped back inside of the church. Almost at the same time the door closed, somebody walking by bumped shoulders with Teddy, having to go way out of their way to do so.

TEDDY:Hey, assh--

A funeral program caught Teddy's attention. He shook his head. He didn't remember bringing one out here, but he wasn't going to leave it on the ground either. Clayton hated littering. Hurried writing on the back caught his eye.

Teddy.
Pier.
12 pm
11:59 pm

Don't be late.

Zeb
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content